Hi there! I know it has been a while since I blogged and updated everyone on life at the Howard Homestead- wow, where does the time go right?!
Since my last post, we went on a family vacation, celebrated my 26th birthday, got engaged, started looking for a new place to move- oh wait, what was that? Yep! I said it! We got ENGAGED! 😀 It happened on vacation with my family, on the last day, in the middle of the Smokey Mountains, and was a complete shock to me, but the best kind of shock there is. ❤
With our lease expiring in 8 weeks, crazy end of the year rush at work (our end of the fiscal year is September), and the busy day to day life events, we have been so swamped we have not had much time to really begin planning. Little things here and there are getting done, we have vendors narrowed down, plans are forming, but nothing is absolute yet- don’t worry, once we at least have a date- I will start blogging and discussing more here.
However, I wanted to start something new in hopes of meeting my goal to blog more. I had an idea to do what is called a “microblog” on Monday’s. This would allow me to share a few things every week, but not type out super long post. So without further ado, here is my Microblog Monday! 🙂 note: It is on Tuesday this week, for some reason I set the post date thinking the 16th was a Monday originally. Whoops.
Memorable Moment- Without a doubt, spending a Saturday afternoon at one of the local state parks with Adam and Lucy. He fished. She ran free. I read. The weather was perfect and we found a new favorite place to venture to on the weekends.
Meatless Meal- Spinach and Mushroom noodles – I love how this dish turned out! (and if you wanted to add meat- cut up a couple chicken breasts and brown in the skillet before adding anything else and wa-la!
- 4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups pasta
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons basil – if you don’t like basil, feel free to leave it out.
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, heat oil. Once oil is heated, add mushrooms and garlic and cook for about 4 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Add pasta, water, salt, pepper and basil. Bring to a boil and cook until pasta is tender about 10 to 13 minutes. Water should be almost gone by this point.
- Add spinach, cream and grated Parmesan and bring to simmer and begins thickening. (note: it will thicken as a cools too)
- Serve immediately.